Wise Mind Rehabilitation Program
At Manarom Hospital
"Free from the addiction is the road to happy healthy living"
|| The vital factors for the success of complete cure from the addiction is self-motivation, self-understanding , the skills and determination to quilt the habits. The family's encouragement and support are also important and crucial towards the goal of recovery and healthy life.
In order to achieve this goal, The Wise Mind program is developed and designed to educate the addicts the skills they need to achieve normal senses of well being and regain control of their lives again.
Our Wise Mind program utilizes the popular and well-accepted method of a 28 days program or Minnesota model and 12 steps recovery program as suggested by Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. We also bring in the Buddhist teaching and Western thinking such as Motivation Interviewing (MI) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) assimilated into our treatment program which will maximize the success and serve as significant components of recovery.
Types of the program
- In patient Program – the patient will be involved in group sessions and stay in the hospital for 28 days or 4 weeks. The duration of each session
is 1 hour.
- Outpatient Program - the patient will attend the group sessions as an outpatient 3 times a week for 12 weeks. The duration of each session is 1 hour.
Group therapies Technique used in Wise Mind Program
1. Health and Psychological education – It creates awareness about the brain disease that is dependent to alcohol or substance abuse. It teaches how to take care of one-self and health during the rehabilitation and recovery stage.
2. The 12 steps facilitation (TSF) – It builds upon the 12 steps recovery program which treats the individuals as a whole ; mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. We facilitate the Buddhist teaching into this 12 step program as a tool to help the patient to achieve the wisdom and peace of mind.
3. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) – an approach that looks at the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviors, recognizing that a change in any of these areas can affect the whole. CBT sees addiction as a behavior rather than a disease and is subsequently curable. It teaches how to handle the cravings effectively and the skill to prevent the relapse.
4. Relaxation therapy – the treatment that teaches the skill of how to handle stress anxiety which can be applied in daily life. Some of our recreational activities include yoga, muscle relaxation and correct breathing exercise, etc.
|5. Family education – To educate the family members about the substance abuse and how to help, handle and care for the addicts appropriately. It also helps the addicts to better understand their roles and responsibilities in their families.
Our team of professionals consist of trained health professionals, doctors specializing in addiction medicines and treatments, experienced psychiatrists and therapists , Certified rehabilitation counselors and dedicated nurses.
For more information please call 02-7259595, Manarom Hospital, We are here to help.